22.01.2017 Тюттина Лариса Викторовна, ГБОУ школа № 580 Санкт- Петербург
Предмет: английский язык
Тема урока: «Conflict resolution»
Учебник: « Enjoy English» 9 класс, М. З. Биболетова и др., 2013
Цель урока: Совершенствование умения анализировать и обобщать информацию по теме «Can we learn to live in peace».
развитие знаний, умений и навыков в рамках изученных тем FAMILY and FRIENDS; PERSONALITY; TEEN PROBLEMS; WHAT IS CONFLICT?
активизация грамматических навыков (Tenses in Active Voice, Complex Object);
развитие способности к обобщению, логичности, доказательности;
вовлечение обучающихся в активную речевую и исследовательскую деятельность;
воспитание доброты, внимания к своим близким и друзьям;
контроль усвоения лексико-грамматического материала.
технология интерактивного обучения
Обучающиеся используют знания, полученные ими на уроках английского языка, информатики, психологии.
Обучающиеся должны продемонстрировать умение пользоваться приёмами образного мышления, запрашивать, находить, анализировать и обобщать необходимую информацию, осуществлять взаимодействие в группе и между группами, контролировать усвоение лексико - грамматического материала.
Речевая разминка. Обучающие формулируют собственное мнение по предлагаемому вопросу:
T: What effective ways of learning English do you know?
P1: In my opinion an effective way to learn English is to have a good textbook and an experienced teacher.
P2: I think the most effective way to learn English is to go to an English- speaking country (to chat on the Internet; to read English books and magazines; to watch films and videos in the original).
P5: As for me the best way to learn English is to speak in it in everyday life.
T: It sounds extremely right, I strongly believe that the best way of learning a foreign language is to discuss real life problems.
Мотивация. Постановка темы урока. Listen to the recording and try to guess the topic of today’s lesson ( p. 118, ex. 51)
T : So, during our lesson we are going to discuss…
Р: …conflicts between the members of the family.
T: … not only discuss family conflicts but to learn to live in peace.
Формирование 2-х групп по принципу:
Who has brothers or sisters – group 1 Who is the only child in the family- group 2
Проверка домашнего задания. Работа в группах:
Task for group 1 Discuss and make up a list with main reasons of quarreling between members of a family. Полученный в ходе обсуждения список вывешивают на доску.
Пока работает группа 1, группа 2 отчитывается по проделанной домашней работе:
2. Report your homework: research about top conflict reasons between parents and their children.
Обучающиеся сообщают результаты своего домашнего задания: анализ результатов опроса класса на тему «Are your parents very strict?», который содержал следующие вопрoсы ( look at the slide ):
1. Are you allowed to go out with your friends?
2. Are you made to do your homework?
3. Do your parents let you have parties at home?
4. Are you allowed to spend your free time the way you want?
5. Are you made household chores?
6. Do your parents let you use the Internet as often as you want?
7. Are you allowed to buy what you want?
8. Do your parents let you wear what you want?
9. Are you allowed to have pocket money?
10. Are you made to get on with your brother/ sister?
11. Do your parents let you smoke or drink alcohol?
Актуализация субъективного опыта обучающихся. Работа между группами.
1. Обучающиеся заполняют соответствующие столбцы в таблице на доске и в своих тетрадях:
- группа 1 заполняет первый столбик по теме « Top conflict reasons in a family ». We have discussed some reasons and decided that teenagers can argue and quarrel with their brothers/ sisters or parents because of…
Own space and privacy
Tiding the bedroom
- группа 2 заполняет второй столбик в таблице по теме « Parents make us... To analyze up our survey (см. Слайд) we have got the next conclusion: most parents are not very strict: they let us go out with our friends and, have pocket money, surf the Internet, wear what we want and spend time how we want. They only make us to…
Help about the house
Get on well with brothers/sisters
Give up bad habits
Обучающиеся 1-ой группы добавляют свои версии:
T: What ideas can you add? ( дописывают на доске во 2-ом столбике)
Tell the truth
Come home in time
Group 2: Yes, you are quite right. And on the other hand we wouldn’t like to add to your list. We agree with the top conflict reasons.
T: Compare the two columns. What do we have?
P1: Firstly conflicts happen because teenagers want to be more independent, have their own space and privacy, the own interests and friends.
P2: Secondly teenagers quarrel with their brothers/ sisters and parents because their parents make them do some things that cause misuderstanding between parents and children.
Tell me about your real conflicts, explain why you have quarrels with your family. For your statements use Complex Object and columns 1, 2:
P1: My parents want me to study well at school so we argue when I get bad grades and make me go to extra classes after school.
P2: My parents want me to tidy my bedroom but I think my sister should help them about the house more than me because she is older.
P3: My parents don’t want me to smoke that’s why they control who are my friends and this situation often causes conflicts between us.
P4: My brother and I always quarrel about using our computer and my mum often makes me get on with him but I think it’s not fair: I need the computer for my homework not for entertainment.
Now let’s discuss why teenagers should obey their parents in spite of arguing and conflicts. You have 5 minutes. Группы получают тексты для подготовки и набор вопросов, которые выбирают представители групп у учителя. B процессе совместной дискуссии заполняется третий столбик в таблице под названием «Why we should obey our parents» “
-1. Why do conflicts happen in a family?
- Because of misunderstanding between parents and children, due to the difference of generations. For example, now bad language and smoking is usual thing. 2.What’s your opinion?
- You’ve got a point there. To my mind family problems often happen with teenagers who want to be independent, have more freedom and express their own identity.
That’s why we argue and even quarrel with our parents and brothers or sisters.
-3. What are the main reasons of family arguing and quarreling?
- Clothes, fashion, poor school results, friends, free time, household chores, exams, future education, relationships with brothers and sisters, bad habits. 4. Can our parents be sometimes strict with us?
- I agree that our parents can be sometimes very strict because they want to prevent us from doing wrong things.
-This is quite right. If a teenager to start smoking, it is too hard to get rid of this habit.
5. Do you agree that parents should control us?
- That’s just what I’m thinking. I think some students would give up going to school, have fun all day with their friends, listen to music and play computer games. 6. Do you agree with me?
- There is something in your words, but in my opinion our parents have the right to control our behavior and every our step because they want us to be happy, successful, healthy. What do you think?
- You are right. Our parents love us very much and have their own life experience so they know better what to do in difficult situations. 7. For example, who do you usually talk to when you have a problem?
-Of course, with my mum and my sister. I think my family is a unity of people who support and help each other in different situations. 8. Who is more important to you: your friends or your family?
-I know, anything happen in this life, but the only people who will always love me and understand me are my family: my parents and my grandparents. 9. What does your family mean for you?
- As for me, my family means a lot to me. It doesn’t matter that I have many friends, if I get into trouble, the people I ask for advice are my parents because they are real friends.
- You are right, friends can envy your success at school, your cool clothes or even your parents. I believe that only my family can’t betray me.
Пока идёт дискуссия, учитель заполняет 3-ий столбик таблицы и добавляет свои:
T: Your words sound great! Now I hope you agree with me that it is extremely important to prevent conflict situations in families to save … what? What Form your thoughts (см. 3-й столбик):
We should prevent family conflicts to save:
Love and care
Great life experience
Support and help
Strong family ties
Responsibility and family spirit
Family values and traditions
T: Is arguing and quarreling a good or a bad thing in family relationships? Why? Find out points that join generations: and teenagers and their parents
How to live friendly, without arguing and conflicts. Scientists offer 5 steps to resolve a conflict (look at the p.120):
State the problem
Suggest ideas to solve the problem
Together discuss possible future happenings
Choose the best idea
Put the best idea into action
T: Now, let’s try to learn to resolve family conflicts using 5 given steps and conflict situation from romantic comedy “ Caroline”
Просмотр 1-го видеo-сюжета из романтической комедии « Caroline» и ответы на вопросы:
1. Who are these persons?
Where are they and why?
What are their names?
What happened in the café?
Who are the people involved in the conflict?
What are they doing during the conflict?
Разрешение конфликта между сёстрами, используя 5-ти шаговую методику:
State the problem- Caroline didn’t let her younger sister offer some coffee. She said Jordia was too small to drink coffee. Then Jordia did her harm: she poured out hot coffee on Caroline’s trainers. After that they started to shout and call names each other.
Suggest ideas to solve the problem -From group 1 ( Caroline): We think Caroline could talk to her sister with calm, kind voice and explain the harm of coffee for small children.
Another idea from group 1: Caroline could be more flexible because she is older and if she saw that Jordia didn’t like her ban, she wouldn’t ask coffee and order mineral water or tea.
-From group 2 ( Jordia): In our opinion Jordia could relay on her sister’s words and obey her because Caroline was older and she knew better what to drink.
Or she could explain Caroline that it was not fair when one sister was let have coffee but the another sister wasn’t let. The sisters should have the same drinks.
Together discussion about possible development of each idea:
T: Group 1, what would happen if Jordia followed the ideas of this group 2?
P1: As for me I think the younger sister wouldn’t be angry and upset if Caroline explained clearly the harm of coffee for health and she just would order some juice or tea.
P2: I think Jordia in the second idea would insist on her opinion and it would be the wrong way because the sisters weren’t the same age and they didn’t have to drink the same things.
T: Group 2, what would happen if Caroline followed the ideas of this group 1?
P1: In my opinion if Caroline explained why she didn’t let her younger sister drink coffee and showed herself caring, patient, well- meaning sister it wouldn’t be a conflict situation.
P2: I totally agree with you, Caroline was a bit selfish. If she were more caring and reasonable she would gave Jordia that point not to hurt her and ordered a cup of tea for herself and for her younger sister.
Choose the best idea:
T: What’s the best idea from your point of view?
P1: In my opinion to avoid a conflict the sisters should do a step to each other.
P2: What do you mean?
P1: I mean Caroline explains calmly why she doesn’t let Jordia have coffee while Jordia should understand and agree with Caroline’s arguments.
P3: I’m sure it’s the best way to prevent family arguing.
Put the best idea into action: It’s time to practice your role-play of your own version in the café. Don’t forget to present the situation which doesn’t lead to a conflict.
Демонстрация бесконфликтного поведения в семье. Осмысление полученных знаний на продуктивном уровне.
-What would you like?
We would like to have a cup of coffee, a cup of lemon tea and two pizzas.
I want to have coffee too.
You are too young to have coffee.
It is not fair. All my friends drink coffee in the mornings.
I don’t care about friends.
Do you mean that you care about me?
Yes, I mean it. I have promised our mum not to buy you lemonade, coffee, sweets.
Oh, come on. I’ll pay for it. I have my pocket money.
Look here, we want you to be a strong, healthy boy that’s why I don’t let you have fast food and drinks which can harm to you.
I don’t believe in your words. You forbid me for fun.
1 Don’t be silly. I love you, you are my younger brother, I want you to be taller and cleverer than me but if you drink coffee in your age you will keep as short and silly as now.
Oh, God. Could I have some milk and vegetables?
T: Is it an effective way to prevent a conflict? Were they convincing?
T: But we’ve forgotten about the sisters’ granny. Watch the second part of the video-sequence and answer me questions:
- Why did their granny give them knives? Their granny wanted them to be friends again. She didn’t want them to quarrel, call names. She wanted them to understand values of family ties.
- How would you call granny’s way to calm down her granddaughter? It’s eccentric, unusual but in my opinion it’s very effective.
T: Finally, we are making up some advice to young people how to avoid family conflicts. Look at p.127 ex. 32, listen to Diana and complete the sentences using her information.
Самопроверка заполненной информации по слайду:
The first thing to do when you have a problem is to talk about this problem.
Don’t use words that hurt people.
Ask for help if communication does not provide a solution.
Take things into your own hands if people do not support you.
If you can’t resolve a conflict one way, try another.
Hometask: At home go on completing such advice.
T: At last, let’s start to make up your own ideas how to resolve a conflict ( slide ), I’ll help you a little:
Always to: think about a conflict, provide a solution, talk to people, keep a sense of humour, cheer up people, ask for advice, listen attentively to other people, avoid criticizing other people, speak calmly, support, convince with your words, ……..
Always be: calm, confident, friendly, relaxed, caring, well- meaning, respectful, supportive, patient, loving,…….
Never to: hurt people, bully, call names, ignore other people’s opinion, trouble, feel jealous, envy, betray, harm, lie….
T: There can be no doubt that good relations between children and their parents are the most important for any person. So, you should avoid family conflicts. The best way to solve problems with your brothers/ sisters or your parents is to analyze the reasons of the problems, try to understand your members of the family and explain and convince your parents that you can be responsible for your actions and that they can rely on you in any situation.
№ Название Задание Режим работы ТСО
1 Приветствие Назвать тему урока Ученики Слайд 1.
2 Мнением учеников о возможных способах овладения английской речью - почему ты учишь английский язык?
- как можно научиться говорить на иностранном языке? Учитель-ученики Слайд 1.
3 Изучение английского языка через обсуждение проблем Просмотр сюжета Индивидуально Слайд 2, DVD
4 Формирование исследовательских групп Выдача заданий группам №1, №2, №3 групповая Слайд 3.
5 Социологическое исследование группы №1 Опрос: «Причины ссор между братьями - сестрами» Группа 1 с группами 2,3 Слайд 4.
6 Социологическое исследование группы №2 Анкетирование: «На сколько строги твои родители?» Группа 2 с группой 1,3 Слайд 5.
7 Динамическая пауза Физ. разминка Индивидуально Слайд 6.
8 Аналитический отчёт группы №3 - анализ Интернет голосования
- обобщение результатов исследований групп 1 и 2 Групповая работа Слайд 7,8.
9 Практический тренинг Измени диалог «Папа, я пойду гулять» Группа 3 с группами1 и 2 10 Выводы, рефлексия Полезные советы Учитель – ученики Слайд 9.
11 Выставление оценок Ученики оценивают свою работу на уроке Индивидуально 12 Домашнее задание Сделать презентацию работы своей группы групповая Слайд 10.