Progress Test 1(for 8 forms).
Use the verbs in brackets and WILL.
1. I (to take) a bus to the institute. 2. It usually (to take) me about fifteen minutes to get there. 3. Classes (to begin) at eight. 4. We usually (to have) four classes a day. 5. I (to have) lunch at about 2 o’clock.
2. Use the verbs in brackets and TO BE GOING TO.
1. Mary says she (present) me a book for Christmas.
2. Miss Smith (sing) after dinner.
3. The government (build) a new hospital near here.
4. They (get married) in the spring.
5. The Browns (sell) their house at the end of the year.
3. Open the brackets use the verbs in Past Simple or Past Continuous.
1. When my father (to come) home, I (to have) dinner.
2. When Alice (to return), I (to listen) to the radio.
3. When mother (to enter) his room, he (to draw) a picture.
4. When my sister (to come in), I (to do) my lessons.
5. When her aunt (to air) the room, she (to catch) cold.
4. Use the right form of the verbs and Used to.
When I was a child...
I used to go/used to gone on a hike with my mum and dad every weekend.
I used not to visit/didn’t use to visit any faraway places.
I didn’t used to read/didn’t use to read fantasy.
you like what use did look to?
did what like you to use?
5. Translate the phrases.
1. серебряное кольцо
2. деревянная коробка
3. шерстяные носки
4. каменная стена
5. золотые монеты
6. медный топор
7. железные инструменты