Контрольная работа по английскому языку 6 класс (углубленное изучение)
1) Fill in the missing words. Choose 10 words or phrases from the list given below:
Three month ago I (1) __________ the society of London. I decided to join the (2) _________ because I want to help(3) ____________ animals. I (4) ___________ that every (5) ___________ has the right to live. In many countries of (6) ____________ many people (7) ________ to save animals and (8) __________, fish and insects from death. They(9) ____________ zoos and parks for animals where (10) _________ may watch the animals and their young.
Words for use: organize, believe, joined, endangered, the world, birds, Zoological society, are trying, scientists, living thing.
such, so, what, a/ an
1) The shape of this throne is ______ nice!
2) His father told us ______ touching stories!
3) ______ interesting politics!
4) He was ______ undefeated pirate!
Answer the questions.
5) He needs our help. (What) ________________________________________________________________.
6) We have dinner at 2 o’clock. (When) _______________________________________________________.
7) They will go to the café tomorrow. (Where) __________________________________________________.
8) You should eat more fruit. (What) _________________________________________________________.
9) May I have ____________ juice?
10) There is not____________ flour on the table.
Use the correct form.
11) When father (come) home we (have) dinner.___________________________________________
12) If it (not/ snow) she (go) for a walk. __________________________________________________
3)ReadingIn 1608 an Englishman whose name was Thomas Coryate visited Italy. He liked the country and noted down every interesting thing he found. But there was one thing which he found more interesting than the others. In his diary Thomas wrote, “When the Italians eat meat, they use small forks. They don’t eat with hands because, as they say , do not always have clean hands”.
Before leaving for England, Thomas Coryate bought a few forks.
At home Thomas gave a dinner party to show the invention to his friends. When the servant brought the steak, he took out a fork and began to eat like they did in Italy.
Everybody looked at him in surprise. When he told his friends what it was, they all wanted to take a good look at the strange thing. All his friends said that the Italians were very strange people because the fork was very inconvenient.
Thomas Coryate tried to prove the opposite. He said it was not nice to eat with one’s fingers because they were not always clean.
Everybody got angry at that . Did Mr. Coryate think that people in England always had dirty hands? And weren’t the ten fingers they had enough for them?
Thomas Coryate wanted to show that it was very easy to use the fork. But the first piece of meat he took with the fork fell to the floor. His friends began to laugh and he had to take the fork away.
Only fifty years later people in England began to use forks.
Put “T” if the sentence is true and “F“ if it is false.
They eat with the hands because, as they say, do not always have clean hands.
Everybody got happy at that.
Only seventy years later people in England began to use forks.
When the servant brought the steak, he took out a knife and began to eat like they did in Italy.
People in England always had dirty hands
4)Listening. Listen to the interview and decide which answer is correct, a, b or c.
1. George lives in
a Los Angeles.
b New York.
2. George goes to the studios by
3. In the Actors’ Club he
a plays computer games.
b plays basketball.
c goes swimming.
4. George usually goes on holiday
a in summer.
b in February.
c in winter.
5.George’s favourite sport is
Listen to the interview again and decide if the statements are true (T) or false (F).
_____ In New York George gets up at 8.15.
_____ He meets his friends in Central Park.
_____ George works in the evening.
_____ His friends call him lazy.
_____ He goes skiing in Aspen.
Ваш друг по переписке Сэнди, которая живет в Австралии, хочет приехать к Вам в гости на летние каникулы. В своем письме она спрашивает вас о том, какая погода в Комсомольске-на Амуре летом и какую одежду ей следует привезти с собой. Подробно ответьте на ее вопросы и задайте ей 3 собственных вопроса. Объем письма – 60-100 слов. Можно начать письмо следующим образом:
It is so nice to hear from you again and to learn that you are coming to my town. We will have such a great time together!
I hope I have answered your questions. I can’t wait to see you!